Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Operation

The other day I needed a simple routine surgery to remove a piece of excess bone on the side of my nose that's been affecting my sinuses. It wasn't a difficult operation, but the only thing was, it had to be performed underwater, salt water. So I went off to the Pacific Ocean; a small floating bamboo island among lots of other islands where the surgeon (who looked strangely like my driving instructer) prepared me for the surgery. The thing is that I was really scared, so he suggested that we have a break and go for a fly around the other islands. When we got into the air we kept rising higher and higher and I was terrified that we'd get burnt by the sun, so I told him and he said we could just got back down again, which we did... at an incredible speed! I was sure we'd hit the water and I had to pull up really hard to stop from plummeting downwards. (We were of course just flying, no airplanes or any of that rubbish!)

Anyway, as we floated around I saw New Zealand below me and it surprised me slightly that I could actually see people walking around, they were big enough to see even though New Zealand itself was miles and miles away. Then we came to land on a small island near the bamboo island where his operating theatre was. This island was a nursery and my youngest brother was there looking after the little kids... aged about 10 years old. (He's 16 now) It was definately him with his short hair and jug handle ears!

We went back to the island so the surgeon could do my operation. He rubbed anisthetic on my nose and gave me a book to read becasue it was making me sleepy but for the operation to be successful I had to be awake. The book was entitled 'Geniuses' and I started to read a chapter about Eleanor Roosevelt while I was hanging onto a bamboo pole under the water ready for the surgeon to do the surgery.

...and then I woke up so I didn't get to find out if it worked or not.

Possibly the strangest dream I have ever had. Though come to think of it I say that after each crazy dream I remember!
Anyways, I'll be back in Durham life in another few hours, all my things are ready here in my room to be put in the car. Ready for another term. See you guys soon!

No comments: