Sunday, January 21, 2007

Magic.

I have a question today, and I want answers please, so anyone who does read this, please do comment and don't leave me looking like I have no friends!

Who/what is your favourite, or the best fairytale character?

It could be anything, maybe an actual personaje like the Wizard of Oz, or Malificent, or the dragon in Puff the Magic Dragon... etc etc, or just a type of creature, a pheonix, an elf, a unicorn, a magician and so on.

It's a tough one for me, my life is so full of fairytale creatures that it's difficult to decide which one is my favourite. But I think I would go for fairies. Ever since I first watched Peter Pan, (actually I think I first remember seeing the film Hook) and met Tinkerbell and her magic dust I was captivated by fairies. In my world, fairies are everywhere. There are fairies in the bushes outside St Mary's college, there are icicle fairies when it's freezing cold, there are fairies that play in the rockpools at the beach, there are fairies of all the different flowers.

Fairies are such beautiful creatures. So small and fragile and with something delicate, pure and endlessly innocent about them. I know not everyone lives in a fantasy world like I do, but there is something captivating about fairies. They are always there, playing and laughing and enjoying life. They never fight or go to war and the only time they are sad is when they feel rejected. Which isn't very often because fairies live together peacefully and without quarrels.

So there you go. Fairies is my answer. Let me know yours!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have no friends


mwahaha only joking!!

Katita said...

no, i think you're right, i have no friends :(

Ffi said...

In the disney films I love The Marvolous Mad Madame Mim from the sword in the stone! She makes me laugh and as villans go she is awesome!!
As for mythical creatures I have always dreamed of riding Unicorns ever since I was a wee gal. I love horses and Unicorns are MAGIC horses and they are an amazing shining white colour and have a magic horn! Aww I love the idea of unicorns! always have always will and I live in the hope of seeing one oneday!!
So there is the answer to you question from the mad mind of Ffi!
xxx good blog Kit xxx

Amie said...

I was in the 'elves' at brownies but really I wanted to be in the 'pixies' where you a Brownie????

My fave fairytale character's are princesses. I know princesses are real but the real ones aren't even almost the same as the fairytale ones. The fairytale ones have long hair, beautiful dresses, they are always good and beautiful and live in a cool castle and wander in woods and forests with their talking animal friends. Their best friend is usually a bird or a mouse which is also kind of cool. Real princesses aren't so glamerous, they just walk around, argue and get followed by photographers.

So fairy tale princesses...that's my favourite.