Sunday, February 11, 2007

This Weekend.

Well, pretty much the only reason I am blogging right now is because I really really really really really really really really don't want to do any work. Grrr.

So. I thought I would write down what I've done this weekend cos most of m blogs tend to be rants or philosophical ravings or totally incomprehensible and boring. So this will be a mixture of all of the above! ha ha. See what I did there?! Oh never mind.

Well. Saturday morning I got up at 8.15am, which, by the way is an insane hour for a weekend, to go to a meeting at 9am. I arrived soaking wet and freezing cold to discover that I wasn't actually supposed to be there, apparantly Dave should have texted me but his phone was playing up so I didn't get the message. Oh well. I went to Esquires for breakfast cos we were meant to get breakfast at the meeting. I had a lovely latte and a blueberry muffin and managed to read more of that Spanish novel I've been reading. (And yes cheating by reading it in English.)

One thing I do like about coffee shops is just watching people coming and going. There was quite a selection in yesterday morning. From business men grabbing a quick coffee and a read of the Independant to very posh apper-clarss Durham shoppers to a very strange but lovely woman who insisted on talking to me all about how her grandmother had slipped three times on the ice last week and she had therefore been too scared to go out to work. She was trying to think of a good excuse for her boss and I suggested she tell him the truth. She didn't think that was such a great idea.

Then I went to the library to finish the book and got even more wet on the way. I lament the fact that the only pair of waterproof shoes I own are however meny miles away at home. I hate having cold wet feet. Ugh. Still, I finished the novel which is actually quite good but with a disappointing end.

Then I spent the rest of the day faffing around. I had to take the clippers Gary is going to use to shave my hair to be PAT tested (oooh must go pick them up soon actually!) And I wrapped up a box in brown paper to serve as a gasmask box and made a brown tag to tie on my cardigan. This was for the Decades themed birthday party Helen and I went to last night. We went as evacuees and the majority of our costumes came from Ffion which interests me... maybe she secretly wants to be a WWII child? Anyway, we looked pretty good I thought, I will try to get a photo on here. And the party was great, Chiquitos is a great restaurant, the food was yummy and t he music not too loud, two things that must be right for any restaurant to be good.

Then we came home because it was quite late and we were tired. Watched the end of Shakespeare in Love (and I almost cried but didn't.. an improvement!) and then went to bed. And I almost fell out of bed twice last night which was strange as I don't think I've ever done that before! The only thing I can think of is that I moved the bed closer to the wall and maybe I didn't adjust for that?! No idea.

Anyways, so then this morning I went to church (borrowed Ffi's nice coat again, she wasn't in anyways!) and people keep giving me money there for my hair shaving. Which is amazing, I am so grateful for that. I'll have to try and work out a total soon. Then I cooked me and Helen a big fried brunch which was yummy yummy yummy. And now... I am procrastinating. Woo.

Hope that didn't bore you all too much. Actually I say 'you all' I still reckon there are only about 3 people who actually read my blogs. Never the matter. It means I don't have to work for however long it takes to write.

Bye.

2 comments:

vix said...

I read your blog too! And I actually am stalking you...

Nicola said...

Hey Kat! I read your blog when I get the chance! I have an excuse thiugh becasue my stupid piece of crap laptop doesn't connect to the internet! (our relationship is on the rocks as you can tell! LOL!) I'm glad you had a pleas weekend I did too! Helping the burbage to get well!! watching copious amounts of television on sunday! Nic xxx