Sunday, February 04, 2007

One Moment.

I remember quite a while ago Tim wrote a blog where he described how he'd been walking along the river near HildBede and had suddenly looked at all the lights and felt a moment of something greater than this world.

I experienced that last night, of all places, on the Nightbus!

We were driving over the bridge towards the Swan and Three and the traffic lights and something cheesy boyband-esque was playing on the radio. I looked out the window towards the cathedral which was all lit up and seemed to be this massive looming force of stone coming out of the city. I don't know how to descrie it without it being cliched, but it was like everything slowed down around me. I felt like I was being given a hug from God. And I felt really happy inside.

And then, as quickly as it had come, the feeling was gone, and I was back on the Nightbus with a load of noisy students and a tired headache. But that one tiny moment was monumental for me. And I think that as we go through each day, it's those kind of moments that we should look out for because for me at least, they remind me that there is something so much bigger than me. I can only look at life through my two greenish grey shortsighted (literally and metaphorically!) eyes. It always intrigues me to wonder what life and the world would look like out of someone else's eyes. How amazing is it then, that someone exists who can see the world through all of our eyes and his own better eyes that see and know everything.

Look out for those moments, they are comforting.

No comments: