Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Final Countdown...

Unoriginal I know, but my only other option was 'hair today, gone in 9 days' which, I think you'll agree is miles worse.

So there we have it. In 9 days time I will be completely bald. All my hair will be on it's way to a chariy making wigs for children suffering from hairloss and I will have a hat on if the snow keeps up! But really, I'm actually very excited about this! The original aim was to raise £1000 for Cancer Research... and the total so far is £1291!!! How exciting is that! I have to say a massive massive massive thank you to everyone who has supported me in this, I wouldn't be able to do it without all of you. So thank you!

So if anyone wants to come and watch... 3pm Saturday 17h February in the reception of the DSU.

In other news... I've just read act II of a Spanish play that I don't really understand. I think it's about an army regiment going to stay in a little village and the captain of the army decides he wants the pretty daughter of one of the upstanding men of the village. I think there are some fights and some tears and some musicians... but as I say, it's all 'I think' because I'm never quite sure as it's IN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE!!!!!! AND it takes about three times longer to read in Spanish and you cannot let your mind wander like in English! I keep getting to the bottom of a page and having even less clue than usual about what it said because I was thinking about what I'm going to have for lunch.

Ah well. I can't really complain seeing as my degree is largely a Spanish one. Grrr. Bloody foreigners.

1 comment:

Tim aka 'pigeon boy' said...

Ooh not long left. U sure you don't want to change your mind? lol. I have a big cheque handy for the 'save it' campaign!