Sunday, December 24, 2006

I never saw blue like that before.

Well, I think it is official, and most people would agree. I have crossed the line and lost it completely. I am watching Dawson's Creek and I have just had to dry my eyes because it made me cry. Go on, I don't mind, you can point and laugh. I would be pointing and laughing at myself if I didn't still have wet eyes.

But you see the thing is, I love Dawson's Creek. Not just becasue it is mindless entertainment that I can watch at the same time as chatting to people on MSN on a lazy Sunday that just happens to be Christmas Eve. But it's something more than that. I never watched Dawson's Creek like every other 14 year old I knew and I hated that. It was a paradox for me because I never wanted to be in the 'popular' group at school, I hated those girls because they would make you feel like you'd commited the worst social faux pas just for walking down a corridor. I hated that. But at the same time I always wanted to watch the programs that they did, and wear make-up like they did, and have the latest fashions like they did.

Anyway, I made it through secondary school even though I didn't get a weekly dose of Dawson's Creek, and in Peru it just so happened to be the program that was on at lunch time when we were back at home in between whatever we were doing. And that was it, I was addicted from then on. Dawson's Creek was my 'English fix' as well as my 'chill out' for whenever things were really stressing me out.

And so I say, without any trace of shame, that I love Dawson's Creek. It's so unrealistic that it makes me want to be there. Remember, I'm an escapist. And somehow the story-lines of Dawson's Creek give me something. I like to wrap myself up in their lives, maybe because they are so different from mine. And in some ways they are similar to mine. I like that for some reason.

So there we go, my little explanation of just why I am such a loser.
Next time something makes you smile or makes you feel happy, think about just why becasue I truely believe that there is a loser inside all of us!

No comments: