Sunday, July 09, 2006

We Brits...

I was reminded again yesterday of the phenomenon that is 'The British Public'. We are wierd aren't we? I mean how many other nations would have an open air concert continue regardless of the pouring rain? It's rediculous really, and it made me laugh so much when I saw people (including myself!) sat under umbrellas, tarpaulins and jackets listening to a brass band concert. Can you get any more British than that?! I don't think so. No wonder the French all think we're raving mad! It's because we are!!! And as my mum so rightly said, there even seems to be a feeling of proud endurance at having 'stuck it out'.

The concert was brilliant, and it's just another one of those British events that we'll talk about for years to come. "Granny, tell us again of the concert that got practically flooded but where the band carried on regardless..." Or then again, maybe it won't ever be referred to again because it'll be lost in the 'sea' (ba-dum-ching) of other rained off events. But all the same, you have to love the Brits and their ways. We even sang Jerusalem, the National Anthem and Land of Hope and Glory.

I love being British! (Just don't mention any of this to Oli!)

1 comment:

Emmie-lou said...

Be careful otherwise people will start saying you are part of the BNP!!!! I'm not sure about the whole world of 20 thing yet...glad to know somewho who has been in my shoes though!! Everyone at uni is younger than me!!