Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spanish Disney

Anyone who knows me will know my craziness over all things Disney. For me it's more than just stories, it's more than magic. It's a lifeline. You think I'm joking. Disney has got me through some really tough times and you know why? Because there's always a happy ending. And I don't care how unrealistic that is. For the 85mins or however long the film lasts, I am in a perfect world. The goodies win and the baddies don't. It's that simple. Throw in a wise-cracking side kick, some awesome songs, a sprinkle of magic, some nice morals, and a happy love story and what more could a girl ask for?

Last night I did discover something even better! I put the Hunchback of Notre Dame DVD into my laptop and I was given the option of Spanish or English. So I clicked Spanish thinking that the title menu would be in Spanish.... but how wrong I was! THE WHOLE DVD INCLUDING THE SONGS WAS IN SPANISH!!!! Now, you may be thinking that I am a total loser for being excited by this, and that's fine because it's true. But do you see? Do you? I was working AND watching Disney!!!!!!! It's like a dream come true and now I'm going to go and search through all our other Disney DVDs to see if any of them have a Spanish option. Otherwise I may just watch Hunchback of Notre Dame again.

Oh it's so easy to make me happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand your excitement and will watch Spanish Disney with you as revision for our Spanish A/V exam! xxx

Anonymous said...

you should get a job translating disney movies into spanish. OR othwise, you get to watch all the disney movies first to make sure that they make sense in the foreign language.

Katita said...

that would be an awesome job!