Thursday, November 08, 2007

Whirlwind

Hola. Hello. Bonjour. Halo. And whatever other language you feel the need to be greated in. How´s it going?

All is well from this end of the world. Isn´t that a stupid thing to say, how can the world possible have ends... it´s round. Maybe the person who thought up that saying is still living before Galileo.

So. I am safe and well back in España after my rapid trip to England. And I really do mean rapid, I feel like I need this week to recover from the craziness. The journey was in a word horrific. Far too long, and I really do not recommend staying overnight in an airport, I´m fairly sure I was beginning to hallucinate by the end of it, I´m sure I didn´t leave Reinosa in a dog sled being pulled by an army of hamsters wearing grass skirts...

For the record, I hate English trains. Both the trains I got over the weekend were screwed up. The first one because vandals had cut the signal lines at Chesterfield meaning I was 2 and a half hours late arriving into Durham, and I had to sit on the floor of the train squished right up against the door, after more than 24 hours of no sleep that just wasn´t cricket and I was in a right state by the time I arrived in Durham. I´ve never taken drugs, but I think I was close to knowing what it would feel like. I was shaking and twitching and completely hyper. Part of it was excitement of course, I´m not sure that devouring a DSU chocolate brownie was the wisest decision either!

Hound was AWESOME. I wore my beautiful shoes and the whole cheese room bowed down to worship them. Ok, so I´m pretty sure no-one noticed them, but I felt great. The music wasn´t the best unfortunately. DJ Robin felt the need to play a number of crap songs twice and completely ignore Summer of 69, Insomnia, I am the one and only and other great classics. Still, it was worth it.

On Saturday I went to Prebends Bridge and you guys in Durham do not realise how lucky you are to be there at the moment. I am not joking I almost cried when i saw the cathedral from the bridge. It´s my favourite view of my favourite building. And the autumn colours this year are incredible. Tim and I watched the football in Walkabout too which was fun, mostly for the food and all the Englishness rather than the football I have to admit! Grey fireworks on Saturday night were fantastic and the wonderful Aileen fed us with popcorn. Yum yum.

And now I´m back in my little tiny town, quite happy as well which is nice. The teachers were really interested in hearing about my weekend, and the classes this week have been really fun. The sun is shining here though the air is very very cold and even though there´s not one sign of Christmas over here, I am beginning to feel quite Christmassy. I have been wearing my poppy proudly all week and explaining that to everyone. Some of the kids were abit unimpressed that we wear paper poppies, I´d never even given that a thought before, but it´s because they´re made by kids isn´t it?

Anyways, I joined the gym and went to a "tonification" class last night, still haven´t figured out what that would be in English... "body toning" maybe. Anyways, it was fun and I was even brave enough to go on my own after the teacher I was going to go with texted me to say she couldn´t. Legs are aching abit today, but hopefully by the time you next see me I´ll be of supermodel proportions. Probably not. Oooh ooh and the most exciting thing ever is that I found Lea and Perrins in the supermarket!!!!! AND, even better, real cheddar cheese... will definitely be getting involved with some serious cheese on toast later this week.

So now I´m going to love you and leave you with two pieces of advice I´ve learnt this week.
1. If you can´t sleep, get a teddy bear. I brought Sweetie back with me and I´ve slept fine so far this week.
2. If you ever want your hair to be magically straightened forever, go talk to Nicola. I swear she has magic in her straightners as I´ve washed my hair 3 times since she straightened it and it still hasn`t gone properly curly! There will not be any photos of me at the moment, it looks horrendous inbetween curly and straight!

Bye x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey kat mum an me hannah r readin ure blog an its realy gud! lol go c mine http://hannahreeves.skyrock.com
add comments if u can be boved lol
luv hannah