Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Purple Tree Car With Cheese

Helloooooooooooooooo.oooo....ooooooooo....oo...ooo

...ooo

...oooo

.oo

*puff*

That was a man falling off a cliff. And yes, since the last time you heard from me, I have watched Scrubs. Lots and lots of wonderful Scrubs. I went up to Santander Saturday night to see my friend Hannah and me and her flatmate discovered that we can both quote Scrubs word for word. So we watched lots of it and drank beer. It was possibly the most fun I´ve had in a long time!

But wait, there´s more... then we all got into our pyjamas and squished into Hannah´s bed and watched the BBc Pride and Prejudice until 2 in the morning. That also was a little bit too much excitement to cope with! I felt so happy and normal having so much English intake! I love watching films with Mélanie, and I love living in Spanish, but it becomes abit painful in the head every now and then and I think I needed the injection of Englishness!

Then on Sunday Hannah came down to my little mountian town for a visit. It was really fun, I took how around the whole place... in about an hour! Then we spent ages over cooking a lovely big bolognese and drank a bottle of wine, and then went to this pub that I walk past every day but haven´t had a chance to go to yet. It was really friendly and inside there was a big Guinness sign, but I forgot to ask if they actually have it. I had my usual JD and coke... half JD and half coke, I´ve never tasted it so strong! lol.

When Hannah went on Monday, after we´d pigged out on this local thing of sweet fried bread dipped in thick dark hot chocolate sauce- the best thing ever... I did feel abit lonely and low. I don´t know, it just feels like a long way to Christmas at the moment! But it´s ok, today I am going for lunch with one of the teachers which I´m really looking forward to, and then she´s going to take me up into the valley to have a look around, possibly up to the ski station because there isn´t too much snow yet for cars to get up. I´m looking forward to it because without a car it is really difficult to go see my immediate surroundings.

I´ll also be going to the gym again this week, I really enjoyed it last week. Can you believe it, that I: the very same girl who made a great song and dance about not paying her Durham sports fee because there was no way she was going to get any use out of it... have actually voluntarily been to the gym a number of times, and am planning on going much more! But I did really enjoy it, and I also discovered, quite by accident, that it´s really good for lifting your mood. I´m sure every Tom Dick and Harry in the world knows this except me, but I thought that was pretty cool. Last Friday made me laugh because she got us all lying down on the floor and I thought we were going to do those hideous abdominals, when she turned all the lights off and had us all gently stretching to that song "unbreak my heart", can´t remember who it´s by... But it made me giggle! It was also funny because I couldn´t actually see what she was doing, and so had to guess at what she was saying!

This weekend we (as in Mélanie and I) may be going to Bilbao with a teacher I have never met which could be fun! Might be nice to go away at least and I seem to remember from all those years ago that Bilbao is a really nice city.

Ooh, I have put some of my photos up on Facebook and will aim to do so on Myspace soon. I hope everyone is well, can´t really think of anything else to say. It´s very, very, very cold here.
Love and squishy bugs.
x

No comments: