Thursday, April 19, 2007

This Week.

Hello. Long time no post. But as you will very soon find out, I really do have nothing to write about. Not even any deep and meaningful thoughts to bore you with. So why am I writing now you may well ask! Well, I'm bored so if I am then I thought I'd damn well make sure that anyone who reads this is too. Ha ha.

This last week has been so unbelievable uneventful I was considering doing something really shocking just to make sure I really am awake. I've been working all week and apart from the usual rude kids, a few lovely ones, some scotch pancakes, too much ironing of those stupid plastic bead things, and a kid throwing up infront of me... I've really done nothing at all.

Oh actually, that's a lie. On Tuesday Tim and I met up with some school friends we haven't seen for ages. Two of them being our friends Matt and Lydia who are getting married in 3 months. That seems crazy to me. I am so so happy for them, they are lovely and will be so happy together. The invited us to go stay with them in London next year which will be fun. We went to a really lovely little 'tavern' called the Old Bell that does loads of different local beers (ha ha I just typed bears by mistake and it make me laugh) and my favourite Adderstones or Alderstone or something-stones cloudy cider. Yummy yummy.

O have just managed to force my porridge brain to concentrate for 2 hours on Adelaida GarcĂ­a Morales' novel El Sur and all the theoretical rubbish that goes with it. We have to look into a feminist reading of it and it irritates me so much. The 'Electra Complex' and how she desires to marry her father and wants to kill her mother, apparantly she is trapped in a something-or-other society that has dictated that she be some type of person when she should be another.... yeah you can tell I reall took it all in can't you. I don't care it's stupid. The political reading is much more interested and more believable. I hate feminists. I'm all for equal rights and fair treatment and all that jazz, but seriously it goes too far. Man can't do or say anything without the feminists jumping on it and claiming they're being repressed.

Anyway, sorry about the rant! I'm now listening to the Evanescence album The Open Door that I bought the other day and am completely obsessed with! My favourites are Lithium and Good Enough. I love songs that say the way that I am feeling/thinking. It's back to the Big Cheese that is Durham on Saturday for a fun filled exam term. Yay for me. Ooh but mum bought me some of the HP brown sauce that is 'honey woodsmoke' or something fancy. I am so addicted to it, in fact I think I might open it now and have it on my salad sarnie for lunch. Oooh thinking about it has made me all excited. Small things.

Well, congratulations if you got to the end of this. If my blog comments are anything to go by I know full well that only about 2 people will make it this far. If you're in Durham I'll see you soon. If you're not then I won't. Genuis Kat.

Bye.

4 comments:

Nicola said...

Hey Kat I made it! just about lol! seriously kat I have done next to nothing but work the most exciting thing I did was go to a barenaked ladies concert which was awesome I did however meet up with naomi and two school friends and also went to a staff party at the castle and then into town with the crew after! (and did some things totally out of character!) that's 4 outings in a 4 and a half week holiday! the rest i just worked and am knackered becasue of! woopy dooo! the upside is you have new pyjamas and i have some new things! lol retail therapy all the way! Hope you are well sweetness! See you soon love Nic xxx

Emmie-lou said...

I made it!! Will probably see you sat/sun :-P

Ffi said...

I made it too :D
Quick point about the feminists - I've been reading alot (ALOT!) of stuff on feminism lately as it ties in with my dissertation (vagely!)and i have actually changed my opinion on feminism as whole, the extreemists are a bit too much - as you say a man cant breath without being told they are repressing their wives, but the majority of feminist phiosophy and women who work for their cause are actually the reason we as a gender can live the way we do now. The reason the extremists exist is because in the 60s when it all started they had to be that outragious just to be noticed and taken seriously. However amny of them (germain greer for eg) are now backtracking on what they did and said and are alot less outragious. I now realise after reading a bit just how good the movement actually was and how much good they still do...
Right here endeth the lesson for today....
Sorry about the rant! i like spouting my new found knowledge as you know! :D
xxx

Anonymous said...

so next to nothing then nicola!

I made it too. thats' four people!!!!