Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What I have discovered.

I didn´t blog last week because I had nothing to say.

This week isn´t much different. I had a great weekend in Santander with Oli and Hannah, but when I thought about writing down what we´d done it didn´t really sound so exciting. So I´m not going to bother.

Instead, I´m going to tell you a few things that I find interesting about life here. You might not find them interesting. Tough, I´m writing them anyway.

1. At the gym, when we have to hold our arms straight out to the sides at shoulder level, they call it "cruz". As in, "put your arms in a cross". Evidence of the deeply ingrained Catholicism.

2. You know that stupid, (but hilarious) program "Takeshi´s Castle"? The one with Chinese people making tits of themselves... well here it´s called "Humor Amarillo" i.e. "Yellow Humour". Not bothered about political correctness then.

3. Skinny jeans here are called "pirate trousers". I found that funny.

Have a nice week. 10 days until I´m home! Woop.

No comments: